Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Corn 6/12 results

So, just prior to the release I purchase another 610 Dec call, this time for 18.7 cents... the report came out and down she went...at the low, I saw an ask of 11 cents but bids remained at 18... then after a minute or two they settled into their current value of about 16 cent... this leaves me down 2.5 on the last one and 4.5 on the 1st.... ouch... still holding as I have plenty of time and expect to see the market return to trading the weather... Need a little love to get back to even... should be able to salvage this trade...

Corn 6/12

Yo,
Bought a Dec 610 call option at the close yesterday for 20.5 cents at 550...  at 9:21 Corn is setting to open down 5 cent to 542... that sucks... got in on this trade too early ... delta on the option is 30%... Looking for the report to be Bullish and continued bad weather doesn't help...
Until 11:00...
May The Force Be With You...

Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Corn 5/28

Hello all,
Well, jumped into a put at 577 6/8 at 12.28 EST... for 32.1 cents... current reached 580 as I write... Option currently going for 30.5 cents... plan on holding overnight and through the report... will accept profits quickly as I may provide an op to go long as the weather doesn't look good for any more planting...
Think the trade is expecting 85-90%
I am looking for 91%
Also will be looking for good numbers on emergence...
Good Luck All and May The Force Be With You...

Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Corn 5/22

Welp,
Didn't take profits after the progress report and exited today for an 8 cent loss on the trade... Bought (1) Sept 550 Put for 30.3 cents at 558 just before the pop to 560 at 11:05...
Looking for 560 to hold as resistance, however the ethanol report came out and were bullish... more production less inventory... that would explain the 16 cent pop in corn today... I guess I should have seen that coming...